Thursday, May 7, 2009

The Purpose of Life (edited)

The Purpose of Life
By: Robin Mize

“We have not come into the world to be numbered; we have been created for a purpose; for great things: to love and be loved,” as stated by Mother Teresa of Calcutta. Everyone has a different purpose. Whether it is being a youth pastor and preaching the Word to teens or being a talented singer and bursting into songs of praise, God has a plan for us all. I may not be one to get up in front of a crowd and preach, or one to belt a tune, but God has a plan for me here on earth. To this day, I still am unsure of what exactly my purpose is.

I feel as if everyday has a purpose and everything happens for a reason. My hope on earth is to positively influence my peers and spread the Word of God. One of the main ways to reach my goal is to become a Chemical Dependency Counselor. For a while now it has been a dream to go to college in that field because one, I am passionate about helping people overcome chemical addictions.

Throughout my life, I have been around many people who are/were chemically dependent. People who were very dear to me have passed away due to drugs and alcohol abuse, and I want to help change people’s lives before it is too late. Through Chemical Dependency Counseling, I can bring lost souls to Christ. I hope to help improve the lives of many. If it were not God’s plan for me to have the career of Chemical Dependency Counseling, I would find another way to touch the lives of many. Being a strong Christian and showing Christ through one’s actions is a way to bring people to Christ. If that is what God’s plan for me is, then that is what I’ll have to do.

A goal is the result or achievement toward which effort is directed. I do not have many, but the few I do have are important. Some have what is called a bucket list, a list of things one wants to accomplish before they die. I tried to make a bucket list and failed. I have main goals though. My number one goal I want to achieve is to bring someone to Christ. My second goal is to strive to be the best Christian I can be.

People are put on earth for a very important purpose, although most do not know Christ and do not know the meaning of life. Some know Christ; they just have not found their purpose yet, like me. But I continue to journey to find my purpose and to fulfill my goals with the grace of God. I hope that it be his will. Come to think of it, I am more certain of my purpose than I thought. If I just follow my goals and live for Christ everything else will fall into place.

No comments:

Post a Comment