Sunday, August 8, 2010

An angel at my graduation....

My name is called at Graduation, I walk up to the steps that seem so steep. I slowly creep up the steps trying not to stumble. Nervous, hundreds of people watching, all eyes on me. I finally step over the last step, a sigh of relief I'm on flat ground again. I approach the principal as he reaches out his hand, I reach for my diploma with one hand and shake his hand with the other. I turn to look out into the croud, searching throughout the many people. She's no where to be found. My eyes start to fill with tears, I cant believe she's not here. I try to fight back the tears, but one streams down my face. Thats when a voice says into my ear," Robin, I am always here. Although my time has come, and I have passed, with you I will always be. Don't worry, I see you, it is you that cannot see me. Be assured, I will always be by your side, every birthday, holiday, and the day you are a bride. As I cant be on earth, an angel was sent to you to be where I cant be. Her name is Lynn, I chose her just for you. I know shes special, cause not only is she an angel, shes my sister too. I love you Robin, I just want you to know. I've seen you play, laugh and grow."After hearing my mothers sweet voice, I continue my walk with a walk of rejoice. A smile has crossed my face, to know my mother is watching that day. In loving memory of Tera Star Stevens 08/09/1966-03/14/2001

No comments:

Post a Comment